Kinetic Wave Gaming.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jake's Character Transfer Application

+3
The Solitaire
Switch
Scrat
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jake's Character Transfer Application Empty Jake's Character Transfer Application

Post by Infidel Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:07 am

Username:
-Mrrappingjake/Infidel/Olipeo

Steam ID:
-STEAM_0:0:47905998

Steam Profile:
-http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056077724/

Time on server:
-Not too much.

Is this a character application, or transfer:
-Transfer (Faction swap)

If transfer, what previous roleplay has occured(Gist of it):
-Mostly Brotherhood stuff (**I'm requesting to transfer my Brotherhood Paladin to be an NCR Veteran Ranger. The character will not have any knowledge or items from Brotherhood, I just wish to change the character. Applying for Brotherhood Paladin would just be too much.)

What OOC items are you requesting?
-Scoped Hunting Rifle
NCR Ranger combat armor (The armor has little protection value, he just wears it as a symbol and for remembrance)

What IC-Only items are you requesting?
-None.

Roleplay experiences?
-Half-Life 2 Roleplay, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay, Fallout 2/3/New Vegas Roleplay, Nazi-Germany Roleplay, DayZ Roleplay, Metro 2033/Last Light Roleplay, and many other custom Roleplays.

Why should you have all this?[One paragraph required]
-There are many reasons why I feel I should get this character. First of all, I wish to continue role play on the server with a more interesting character that I feel will liven up the server and give it more diversity. Secondly, I feel I should get this character because I really enjoy the New Californian Republic and I wish to role play as a character from that faction. Finally, I feel I should get this character because I want to improve my role play on a character that is more diverse and different than what I'm used to. THat is why I should get this character authorized.

[Three paragraphs required]Backstory:
-Cord Eberhardt was born into Freeside in the year of 2247. His mother was in a heavy state of poverty, and his father was in the New Californian Republic's expanding military. Cord had grown up getting used to sneaking around the drunken gang fights that had always seemed to stir up on the streets every day. After a few years, Cord's mother had gotten a jet addiction, as she wanted to try to subdue the depressing thoughts of poverty and raising a kid. When Cord had turned 18, his mother had overdosed on jet and many other drugs. Cord decided to join the New Californian Republic, as it would be a good way to get food and shelter.

Cord had proven to be valuable in the field of Recon-ship, so the New Californian Republic had decided to put him in a Recon division. He had done exceptionally well as a soldier in the Recon. His marksmenship, especially, was outstanding. He was known for hitting targets a couple hundred meters out with a hunting rifle. The New Californian Republic had seen Cord as being one of the best in a dozen battalions, and after about 5 years of being in Recon, Cord was offered to join a new kind of soldiers, the Rangers. Cord had begun as a standard Patrol Ranger. He was deployed to Camp Golf, where he would spend the remainder of his years.

After nearly twenty years of training, going out on Recon missions to take out high priority Legion members, Recon-ship, and cleaning his weapon on a daily basis, Cord had earned the title as a Veteran Ranger. He had received a fresh set of Riot Gear and a Ranger Sequoia.

*A note lie pinned between the yellow'd, dead grass and a small rock. You notice it, ambling towards it. You pick it up, and begin to read over it.*

To whom ever stumbled across this note, my name is Cord Eberhardt, of Foxtrot Five battalion. I am one of the very few remaining Veteran Rangers in this battalion. I was held back here in California for reserves as the bulk of the battalion head due East in hopes of starting anew. I received orders to go Recon for a battalion that was lost in the far East. I had agreed to follow through with this mission to track down the battalion and relay information back to the New Californian Republic. I'd left behind my Ranger Sequoia, as I did not want to risk losing it on the journey. I was given the option of taking almost any weapon I wished from the Arsenal, and I had chosen a Hunting Rifle, as it was the gun I had come to know so well. It has been weeks since I've left, and I had decided to track down the lost battalion, as I am hoping they will perhaps accept me back into their ranks, as they were betrayed anyways. I can sense that I am coming up on the battalion, or at least what is left. I've received word from locals that a bulk of the battalion was wiped out by tribals on the way East. I hope there is still something left.  

My journey here was rough. I had come across tribal camps on multiple occasions, three fourths of them were hostile. Luckily I was able to sneak past a few camps or bribe my way past with food, other times, I was forced to engage. I could sometimes take out a few with my Hunting Rifle before being forced to retreat into the rocky hills. About a fourth the way through the trip, my food supply had been cut short. I had tested my luck and searched for a tribal group that could perhaps be friendly and take me in. Luckily I did come across one, and they fixed me up with food and water for a large remainder of the trip. They also had taught me a few things about surviving off of the barren rocky landscape, like hunting, fishing, the best shelter, setting up a long lasting fire, and other things. When I left the tribal group, I had wished them the best of luck, knowing deep down they would eventually be eradicated by the surrounding autocratic groups seeking nothing but the destruction of others.

After a long, grueling two months, I had made it to the flats to the East of the Rockies. There, it was much easier to traverse the land, and survival conditions were much easier. I had come across some friendly civilizations, but very little of them knew of the battalion that had moved through here. The best luck I had was when I was pointed in the direction that they saw men in brown clothes moving. I followed exactly where he had told me to, as it was the best information I could get. Through time I found more and more clues of the lost battalion, and I could sense that I was close, so damn close. And that's where I am right now. I wish for you, Wastelander, to leave indication that the battalion is in this area, so I know that my efforts are not in vain.

What are your perks/skills?
-Trained on reconship and survival.

What are your faults/flaws?
-Xenophobic towards most.

Character traits:
-Xenophobia. Harsh. Unfriendly. Untrusting. Exceptional in marksmenship, but nothing else combat wise.

(Optional)Character Description:

Passive RP(15 Lines required):
-**Cord Eberhardt searches around for dry shrubbery, twigs and sticks.
**Cord Eberhardt takes a pile of sticks and leaves, clamping his hands around the group, then shoves his hands deep into a duffle bag, releasing it.
**Cord Eberhardt drops onto his knees, shoving them into the ground below, patting his hands around for any rocks on the barren floor.
**Cord Eberhardt grabs a few dozen rocks, building a broken circle with them that's diameter is similar in length to his forearm.
**Cord Eberhardt extends his arms, pulling the duffle bag over his shoulder, laying it by the circle of rocks. He reaches into the bag again, pulling out the sticks and leaves, placing it in the middle of the rock circle.
**Cord Eberhardt presses his hands between the sticks and leaves, forming a compact grouping of the items. He gently pushes it towards the center of the formation of rocks.
**Cord Eberhardt reaches into his pocket, pulling out a small metal lighter, it is painted in silver. He flips open the lid, pressing his gloved thumb on the metal gear, rapidly striking it down.
**A fire emits from the lighter.
**Cord Eberhardt slowly lowers the lighter, placing the flame on the pile of shrubs, moving it around the outer brim of the pile.
**The edges of the clump of shrubs catches on fire, it begins to emit smoke, and the fire works its way to the middle.
**Cord Eberhardt pushes himself from the ground, pacing over to a pile of small logs and bark. He reaches down, grabbing a few logs, laying some bark on top of it.
**Cord Eberhardt ambles towards the fire, placing bark on the top of the pile of shrubbery, and wood along the very edge of it. He watches as the fire slowly grows.
**Cord Eberhardt lowers himself to the ground again, sitting his butt on the ground. He hovers his hands over the fire for a minute, then lies them on his thighs.
**Cord Eberhardt reaches into his duffle bag, pulling out a small slab of bighorner meat. He pulles a small stick from his side, sticking it through the small slab, then hovers that over the fire.
**Cord Eberhardt waits a few minutes, watching as the meat turns a dark brown. He flips over the stick, cooking the side.

Combat RP(15 Lines required):
-**Cord Eberhardt gently lowers himself to the ground, pressing his body into the dirt below.
**Cord Eberhardt reaches to his shoulder, grabbing hold of the sling of his Hunting rifle. He slips it over his shoulder, placing his right hand on the pistol grip, hovering his index finger over the trigger.
**Cord Eberhardt extends his left hand infront of his body, placing his cupped hand over the hand guard.
**Cord Eberhardt glares down the scope of the rifle, both of his eyes remain open. He moves the rifle's muzzle towards the direction of the bighorner, placing the scope's reticle on the creature's head.
**Cord Eberhardt pauses as he finds his mark, waiting a few seconds.
**Cord Eberhardt breathes heavy breaths, and after a few seconds, his heart rate slows. He waits for the time between his last millisecond of exhaling, the moment before he begins to inhale. He pulls back on the trigger, firing a round towards the target's head.
**Cord Eberhardt takes no time to check his target. He quickly but gently swivels his gun towards the adjacent bighorner. The bighorner glare at the dead one infront of him, standing in shock.
**Cord Eberhardt takes no time to fire off a second round at the second big horner, striking it in the head, sending its body flipping over to the side.
**Cord Eberhardt quickly swerves his gun, placing the reticle on a bighorner who is now running. He uses the first mildot on the right in the reticle, leading his target slightly.
**Cord Eberhardt squeezes off another round, striking the bighorner in the chest.
**The round takes out a majority of the front chest of the creature. The other two bighorner's head remain turned to mush, but their bodies remain intact.
**Cord Eberhardt takes his eye off of the scope, pushing himself from the ground.
**Cord Eberhardt marches over to the bighorners' remains, reaching to his boot and pulling out a steak knife.
**Cord Eberhardt sticks it into the creature's chest, then rips it through to the waist area of the bighorner.
**Cord Eberhardt pries apart the hide, then sticks his knife into a clump of meat, sawing it off.
**Cord Eberhardt rips off the remainder of the meat, sticking it into a thick duffle bag, then paces back to his campsite.

Notes:
-I get this may be a lot to ask for, but hopefully you can see that I won't be shooting everyone, I will be more of a passive character with a set mission. I didn't want to apply for a Brotherhood Paladin because that would be ridiculous, so I wanted to take a step down.

Last edited by Infidel on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:37 pm; edited 10 times in total

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Jake's Character Transfer Application Empty Re: Jake's Character Transfer Application

Post by Scrat Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:18 am

-Support.

You're asking for WAAYYY too much. The backstory, while hitting the minimum, is not acceptable for the things you are asking for. Not to mention, NCR apps are no longer being accepted via the forums.

Scrat
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Jake's Character Transfer Application Empty Re: Jake's Character Transfer Application

Post by Infidel Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:22 am

Scrat wrote:-Support.

You're asking for WAAYYY too much. The backstory, while hitting the minimum, is not acceptable for the things you are asking for. Not to mention, NCR apps are no longer being accepted via the forums.

I toned it down from AMR to Hunting Rifle. Also, I won't really be apart of New Californian Republic, I will be elsewhere in the map surviving, waiting for new information to come my way.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Switch Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:45 am

+support,
I don't see much wrong with a ranger outfit and a hunting rifle tbh, especially if said person would be away from everyone surviving elsewhere, doing mostly passive rp.

Switch
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrat Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:26 am

You would be the third person applying for /with ranger armor, and to be frank we just need something different.

Scrat
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Switch Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:48 am

Gefaehrlich wrote:There wouldn't be an NCR Ranger out where we are - the only reason Foxtrot 5 is where it is, is due to expansionism operations, and even then, they were NOT allocated a Ranger .--.

the fact that they weren't allowed a ranger makes this shit even more unbelievable. What in minnesota interests the NCR? The fact that the midwestern brotherhood owns it? The fact that enclave owns surrounding states? or the fact that they would have to get through 3-4 different factions that are hostile towards them and would KOS them.

Switch
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Switch Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:16 am

Gefaehrlich wrote:
Switch wrote:
Gefaehrlich wrote:There wouldn't be an NCR Ranger out where we are - the only reason Foxtrot 5 is where it is, is due to expansionism operations, and even then, they were NOT allocated a Ranger .--.

the fact that they weren't allowed a ranger makes this shit even more unbelievable. What in minnesota interests the NCR? The fact that the midwestern brotherhood owns it? The fact that enclave owns surrounding states? or the fact that they would have to get through 3-4 different factions that are hostile towards them and would KOS them.

(Forgot to -support)

BoS is dead - NCR ran them over Pre-Second Battle of Hoover Damn.
Enclave is dead - NCR and BoS ran them over prior to the First BoS-NCR war.
NCR Rangers are not expansionist soldiers - they're used for defense of already-owned territory, and to hunt down high-priority targets and to protect High-priority assets / areas.

In regards to interests in the area -  The NCR is, Fallout Canon-wise, constantly attempting to expand and annex territory. You need to read up a bit more on the NCR I'd say before applying for a Desert Ranger - and a VETERAN one at that.

The Battlegroup sent to create a foothold in Montana is not important enough - nor did it ever require - A desert Ranger.

Stop trying to apply for Ranger armor, guys - We already have one ranger, and that's all there should be.

edit: I just realized, I fail to see how 'Old BoS Character' = 'VETERAN Ranger Application'. - Thats RIDICULOUS.

(Suppose I should make it clear that these comments are directed towards the idea of the application itself, and not -directly- at the OP.)

2nd edit: For the sake of reference material, here's a link to the Vet. Ranger page. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/NCR_Veteran_Ranger

"The NCR Veteran Rangers are elite Rangers in the NCR Army - They are renowned for their survival and combat prowess."

"Veteran Rangers are an elite sect of New California Republic Rangers who have served long enough and with such distinction that they have earned the privilege of wearing the distinctive NCR Ranger combat armor, considered to be one of the most valuable and awe-inspiring items in the entire New California Republic. The inscription on their signature Ranger Sequoia pistols indicates that the Veteran Rangers carrying them have served in the Rangers for 20 years or more."

"Veteran Rangers have a legendary reputation amongst the people of the NCR and their enemies. NCR troopers will often comment on their reputation for toughness, and even General Oliver's elite NCR heavy troopers admit to being intimidated by them. Members of the Fiends inside Vault 3 advise the Courier to run the other way if they see a Ranger in black armor, remarking that they're capable of picking off entire Fiend patrols from more than a quarter of a mile away."

I mean cmon man. That's just something that shouldn't be accepted at this point in the server's existance - like I keep telling the other people applying for Rangers / Ranger armor; It's too overpowered, their weapons are too strong, and they're generally just not going to contribute anything enjoyable to the RP as a whole - They can't even die, nobody has a weapon capable of reliably penetrating their armor.

This server lore? because this is not true to original fallout lore.
Enclave are still in small chapters throughout the US. There is no way in fucking hell the NCR would be able to take on the midwestern BOS, only the mojave chapter and California chapter. The enclave is weakened, and spread out with no contact with eachother.

Switch
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by The Solitaire Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:41 am

To be a veteran ranger the character would have had to serve in the NCR army for like two years and then within the Rangers for 20 more before receiving their armor and other high grade weapons, before I cast a vote I have to ask you to include details of your service in your back story section.

And secondly, the NCR faction is governed by Scrat and seeing as your Ranger's existence pretty much relies on his opinion the most, I doubt you will become intergrated with Foxtrot at all. So I'd advise you provide a reason for why an NCR Ranger is so far from California where the surviving Rangers are more likely to be following the crippling the NCR suffered in our server lore
The Solitaire
The Solitaire
Wasteland Demi-God
Wasteland Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:25 am

Did... did you even read the backstory?

The Solitaire wrote:To be a veteran ranger the character would have had to serve in the NCR army for like two years and then within the Rangers for 20 more before receiving their armor and other high grade weapons, before I cast a vote I have to ask you to include details of your service in your back story section.

And secondly, the NCR faction is governed by Scrat and seeing as your Ranger's existence pretty much relies on his opinion the most, I doubt you will become intergrated with Foxtrot at all.  So I'd advise you provide a reason for why an NCR Ranger is so far from California where the surviving Rangers are more likely to be following the crippling the NCR suffered in our server lore

Ok, I'll add to my backstory. :3

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:04 pm

-support

Unless somehow you are a 'special' ranger, under special circumstances... No, you wouldn't be here. I talked to Snyder myself and he said he wouldn't be authing any and all NCR Rangers, because my main Fallout character is one.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nasca Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Sigh.

Everyone just wants to be a ranger on this server.
Nasca
Nasca
Vault Rebel
Vault Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:22 pm

She isn't as powerful as you might think, she has her fair share of drawbacks, but... I just wanted to note one more thing down.

NCR Veteran Rangers > Paladins

It's stated in the Lore that even the most Veteran of Paladins fear the sight of a single man donning the iconic "Black Armor" and that they are a force to be reckoned with as Riot Gear is only surpassed by Power Armor and a Ranger Sequoia would obliterate a Power Armor helmet + they are better than Paladins at almost everything except handling energy weapons, including hand-to-hand combat. Veteran Rangers are, in the Lore, literally the elite of the elite and only a few people can stand up to them that aren't Veteran Rangers or Desert Rangers themselves.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Read the backstory please, thanks Very Happy

So you're saying that the New Californian Republic would move an entire battalion of grunts across the rockies on a ~1,400 mile (from the capital) march (more or less a death march) without the support of a single Ranger? Right. Also, if you were to take a few minutes to read the backstory, I was not originally in the battalion as it traversed the land.

Gefaehrlich wrote:BoS is dead - NCR ran them over Pre-Second Battle of Hoover Damn.
Enclave is dead - NCR and BoS ran them over prior to the First BoS-NCR war.
NCR Rangers are not expansionist soldiers - they're used for defense of already-owned territory, and to hunt down high-priority targets and to protect High-priority assets / areas.

When the New Californian Republic is moving a battalion across about a thousand miles of land, they would surely have some Rangers to defend them from the numerous tribal groups and help them with survival along the way.

Gefaehrlich wrote:In regards to interests in the area -  The NCR is, Fallout Canon-wise, constantly attempting to expand and annex territory. You need to read up a bit more on the NCR I'd say before applying for a Desert Ranger - and a VETERAN one at that.

Not to bash on the lore, but why would the New Californian Republic take interest in the land through the Rockies and to the east of the Rockies? It is literally useless to them, considering they had to worry about the Securitron army AND the Legion. Why waste a battalion on the North?

Gefaehrlich wrote:Stop trying to apply for Ranger armor, guys - We already have one ranger, and that's all there should be.

Sounds like you just don't want more characters to role play with. You'd rather everyone be below you so that you don't have any threats or problems. Not like my character would be fighting much anyways.

Gefaehrlich wrote:edit: I just realized, I fail to see how 'Old BoS Character' = 'VETERAN Ranger Application'. - Thats RIDICULOUS.

A Paladin is basically the same in respect as a Veteran Ranger. They are both seasoned soldiers in their faction. Except for one thing- a Paladin wears T-51b power armor, the best power armor to be found in the entire wasteland. Would you had rather be apply for someone with T-51b power armor and a Tri-Beam laser rifle, or a lonesome man who minds to himself with old riot gear and a hunting rifle?

Gefaehrlich wrote:I mean cmon man. That's just something that shouldn't be accepted at this point in the server's existance - like I keep telling the other people applying for Rangers / Ranger armor; It's too overpowered, their weapons are too strong, and they're generally just not going to contribute anything enjoyable to the RP as a whole - They can't even die, nobody has a weapon capable of reliably penetrating their armor.

Riot Gear armor doesn't work miracles. "Weapons are too strong" It is a hunting rifle, one of the, if not THE most common rifle in the Wasteland. Atleast I toned it down from an AMR. Not going to contribute anything enjoyable to the RP as a whole? What? I will constantly interact with people, maybe even make some friends. I can work on the character through time, get him to trust more people so that I could make friends. I can teach people the ways of surviving in the wastes, in exchange for information on the battalion.

Last edited by Infidel on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Rangers aren't allocated for that purpose, it's way too risky to send a Ranger outside of NCR territory where their gear can not be retrieved unless it's something important and let's face it... The NCR could care less about a little group of soldiers sent to recon a state they could possibly use for expansion.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Painful History wrote:Rangers aren't allocated for that purpose, it's way too risky to send a Ranger outside of NCR territory where their gear can not be retrieved unless it's something important and let's face it... The NCR could care less about a little group of soldiers sent to recon a state they could possibly use for expansion.

But sending an entire battalion out isn't risky.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:10 pm

They have multiple battalions, normal troops are disposable, Veteran Rangers are not, simple.

Plus, it isn't the NCR regular chain of command that commands Veteran Rangers, they operate on orders given by the top of the brass.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:23 pm

Painful History wrote:They have multiple battalions, normal troops are disposable, Veteran Rangers are not, simple.

Plus, it isn't the NCR regular chain of command that commands Veteran Rangers, they operate on orders given by the top of the brass.

Anyways, read my backstory. I was not apart of the original battalion. Also, the NCR back in California is gone, almost completely wiped out.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:31 pm

To be blunt. Your backstory is severely lacking for what you are applying for. It's generic, short, uninteresting due to the lack of any real information and outright bullshit as Veteran Rangers aren't even assigned to Batallions, they just work together wirh fhdm and even then they are needed elsewhere. The anCR is corrupt and I could get behind the fact that you were specially assigned to track down their whereabouts and eliminate any threats to the expansion force, but this was just lazy.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Posting from my phone and these forums hate that. Sorry for errors.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Painful History wrote:To be blunt. Your backstory is severely lacking for what you are applying for. It's generic, short, uninteresting due to the lack of any real information and outright bullshit as Veteran Rangers aren't even assigned to Batallions, they just work together wirh fhdm and even then they are needed elsewhere. The anCR is corrupt and I could get behind the fact that you were specially assigned to track down their whereabouts and eliminate any threats to the expansion force, but this was just lazy.

I never said I was assigned to a battalion. You're making it quite apparent that you didn't even read my backstory. I'd recommend reading over my application before giving an opinion on it, instead of just saying 'The gear is gonna be op I dont want more role play on server deny deny!!1!1'
'

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nasca Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:34 pm

Infidel wrote:
I never said I was assigned to a battalion.

Infidel wrote:
So you're saying that the New Californian Republic would move an entire battalion of grunts across the rockies on a ~1,400 mile (from the capital) march (more or less a death march) without the support of a single Ranger? Right.

I mean, one or the other. Either you're not a part of the battalion, never were, and (likely) never will be; or, you're going to infer that you were as much as possible because in your eyes it's what makes sense.

Also; people need to get it through their head that right now in the server gear DOES matter and so does experience. Having a highly trained individual puts you miles ahead of everyone, full stop. Neither benefits are really fair, nor are they reasonable for the setting.

Your ranger was not sent with them.
The NCR would not send a veteran ranger [one of, if not the most elite fighting force they have] with a scouting party of people they knew they were probably going to abandon and be unable to support.
Nasca
Nasca
Vault Rebel
Vault Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Nasca wrote:Also; people need to get it through their head that right now in the server gear DOES matter and so does experience. Having a highly trained individual puts you miles ahead of everyone, full stop. Neither benefits are really fair, nor are they reasonable for the setting.

So what then? Wait for everyone to get extremely over powered gear? I guess the first person that gets good gear should be PKed by those standards, since it is unfair. I guess we should wait until Lazarus comes up to let people create slightly experienced characters.

Nasca wrote:Your ranger was not sent with them.
The NCR would not send a veteran ranger [one of, if not the most elite fighting force they have] with a scouting party of people they knew they were probably going to abandon and be unable to support.

Well, in the lore the New Californian Republic was basically massacred. They could easily have been desperate enough to send a soldier (Why send a grunt that isn't loyal and you'd have no hope for?) to find a needed battalion's whereabouts.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:53 am

Gefaehrlich wrote:

They were massacred, yes. But they would not be 'desperate' enough to send one of their best Soldiers to go investigate the whereabouts of a missing Expansionist Battalion that they already know was overrun and wiped out by a Legion ambush. - The Command squad that was in communication with the Battalion was getting constant updates as the Legion ran over their position. They knew they were lost, they knew it was useless to send assistance, so they let them die.

You're right, I fixed my backstory a bit. I will add a bit to it about how my character joined the NCR, became Ranger then worked his way to Veteran Ranger soon.

Gefaehrlich wrote:The NCR Troopers are cannon-fodder - Expendable, especially since they can easily conscript / recruit from their Overpopulated nation. However Veteran Rangers, and Normal Rangers, are not expendable, and as such are not sent out on expansion missions, and are rather allocated to defend high-priority locations.

Not when there hardly isn't anyone left to conscript or recruit.

Gefaehrlich wrote:No. We should just wait for all these people to stop trying to apply for a goddamn DESERT RANGER whom also spawn with the BEST training and the BEST equipment and instead watch people apply for reasonable things.

I think you're under the impression that I'm going to be a very hostile character. I'm sticking to Passive Role play, and I wanted a more interesting character to base my role play off of. I'm not asking for a shit ton of stuff, all I'm asking for is the experience, uniform and a rifle to use for self-defense.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Updated the application's OOC gear section.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:06 pm

"Not to good in close quarter encounters."

Rangers are trained to deal with this. One of the things that separates Veteran Rangers from Paladins is the reliance on armor. Rangers are trained to fight without armor with weapons, Paladins rely on their armor a whole lot.

I'm -support leaning towards neutral atm, with the update on the armor, but there are a lot of inconsistencies you have to fix. If it had happened IC, on a server, I could've rolled with it, but this is a pre-made backstory, so Lore has to really be taken into account.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next