Kinetic Wave Gaming.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jake's Character Transfer Application

+3
The Solitaire
Switch
Scrat
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jake's Character Transfer Application - Page 2 Empty Re: Jake's Character Transfer Application

Post by Infidel Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Painful History wrote:"Not to good in close quarter encounters."

Rangers are trained to deal with this. One of the things that separates Veteran Rangers from Paladins is the reliance on armor. Rangers are trained to fight without armor with weapons, Paladins rely on their armor a whole lot.

I'm -support leaning towards neutral atm, with the update on the armor, but there are a lot of inconsistencies you have to fix. If it had happened IC, on a server, I could've rolled with it, but this is a pre-made backstory, so Lore has to really be taken into account.

Well I don't want to be super soldier. The character was Recon anyways, so he mainly focused on that.

Also, you're character application for Juliet is asking for even more gear than I am :/

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Jake's Character Transfer Application - Page 2 Empty Re: Jake's Character Transfer Application

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Rangers aren't mainly Recon though. Rangers are Rangers, final... If you changed the whole app to make him a First Recon Sergeant and have him being sent here with a small squad that gets wiped out then kudos to you and I'd fully support it. You had to get rid of the armor though for it to make sense.

I don't care about your equipment or your weapons. I just want consistency, das all Smile
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Painful History wrote:Rangers aren't mainly Recon though. Rangers are Rangers, final... If you changed the whole app to make him a First Recon Sergeant and have him being sent here with a small squad that gets wiped out then kudos to you and I'd fully support it. You had to get rid of the armor though for it to make sense.

I don't care about your equipment or your weapons. I just want consistency, das all Smile

I meant Ex-Recon, I plan to add to the backstory when my arms aren't in pain and I can type more.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Ah, alright, then again 20 years of being a ranger teaches you a lot about CQC, you know. Hell, if you're willing to downgrade him a bit for more consistency. How about you make the Vet Ranger Armor functional Patrol Armor and make him a regular ranger? I'd fully support that.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Painful History wrote:Ah, alright, then again 20 years of being a ranger teaches you a lot about CQC, you know. Hell, if you're willing to downgrade him a bit for more consistency. How about you make the Vet Ranger Armor functional Patrol Armor and make him a regular ranger? I'd fully support that.

Because a standard Patrol Ranger wouldn't have the skills to make it this far from California. Also, it wouldn't be logical to have an entire squad dessert the NCR all at once. I don't see the problem with having Veteran Ranger gear that is so degraded that it doesn't even help what-so-ever with stopping rounds, maybe only melee weapons.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:18 pm

A standard Patrol Ranger could make it this far from Cali. Cali is mainly NCR controlled and with a bit of ingenuity he could easily make it here with a few injuries and scratches her and there and no one said about an entire squad deserting.

If you're implying that your Veteran Ranger deserted, which I didn't read and must have overlooked, then this is going back to the -support section...

I already told you, I don't care about your gear.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:20 pm

Painful History wrote:A standard Patrol Ranger could make it this far from Cali. Cali is mainly NCR controlled and with a bit of ingenuity he could easily make it here with a few injuries and scratches her and there and no one said about an entire squad deserting.

If you're implying that your Veteran Ranger deserted, which I didn't read and must have overlooked, then this is going back to the -support section...

I already told you, I don't care about your gear.

A standard Patrol Ranger would never be able to make it across the Rockies and through numerous hostile tribes

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:21 pm

All you have to do is be able to avoid them, which theoretically, with a bit of luck, you could.

I stand where I stand.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Added to my backstory.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:34 am

Yes, it would, doesn't mean he would travel the whole distance. They are volunteer special forces they do Recon, yes, but my point was that they are not mainly focused around the skills a Recon trooper would have, as in, they don't only have those. They are all-around soldiers and thank you for proving my point, I said they weren't mainly recon and they aren't they're both combat and recon, which means they aren't focused on the latter. Their job mainly focuses on Recon and Assassinations, yes, but their skills are not limited to the former or the latter was my point.

I know 1st Recon are not rangers... That's why I said what I said?

See... a much easier time, doesn't mean it's impossible. Sending a Patrol Ranger rather than a Veteran Ranger would make more sense... Discarding a fresh, volunteer ranger who had a few years under his belt and is almost just as loyal to the NCR makes more sense than sending someone who's undying loyal and a grizzled veteran that has been a Ranger for 20 years, let alone a NCR Soldier.

I'm done here, my verdict is -support not due to the gear and skills, which he didn't even put in the page for some odd reason, but the overall backstory. I'm going to wait for Scrat to give his 2 cents since this directly influences his faction.

Spoiler:
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Painful History wrote:Yes, it would, doesn't mean he would travel the whole distance. They are volunteer special forces they do Recon, yes, but my point was that they are not mainly focused around the skills a Recon trooper would have, as in, they don't only have those. They are all-around soldiers and thank you for proving my point, I said they weren't mainly recon and they aren't they're both combat and recon, which means they aren't focused on the latter. Their job mainly focuses on Recon and Assassinations, yes, but their skills are not limited to the former or the latter was my point.

I know 1st Recon are not rangers... That's why I said what I said?

See... a much easier time, doesn't mean it's impossible. Sending a Patrol Ranger rather than a Veteran Ranger would make more sense... Discarding a fresh, volunteer ranger who had a few years under his belt and is almost just as loyal to the NCR makes more sense than sending someone who's undying loyal and a grizzled veteran that has been a Ranger for 20 years, let alone a NCR Soldier.

I'm done here, my verdict is -support not due to the gear and skills, which he didn't even put in the page for some odd reason, but the overall backstory. I'm going to wait for Scrat to give his 2 cents since this directly influences his faction.

Spoiler:

Just giving a -Support isn't helpful, how about constructive criticism? Otherwise it just seems like you're against the gear because you don't want anyone to have somewhat decent gear other than you.

Also funny how you had a -Support leaning towards Neutral but when you get shown up and proven wrong you get pissy and change to a strict -Support.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Snyder Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Denied.

Desert Rangers/Vet. Rangers are appliable (now they are), but they're going to be very hard to get. Sorry!

Pending for playtime and other things; will check back on the app within a week (or two)
Captain Snyder
Captain Snyder
Overseer
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum