Kinetic Wave Gaming.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Juliet' - Character Transfer

+3
The Gunrunner
Painful History
Scrat
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'Juliet' - Character Transfer Empty 'Juliet' - Character Transfer

Post by Painful History Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Username: Painful History

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20830716

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/phistory

Time on server: None yet~.

Is this a character application, or transfer: Transfer.

If transfer, what previous roleplay has occured(Gist of it):
Short Summary of it. Juliet arrived in a town just out of the Mojave due to the Legion-NCR war, trying to take refuge there. She met an Enclave Remnant who had integrated into the NCR as a Sergeant and became her friend. She also opened a small clinic in the town and made a handful of caps, friends and equipment helping people and manipulating the Enclave Remnant. Eventually, the Remnant had to leave and Juliet was alone, she found herself part of a gang due to being fooled by someone she thought was a friend and, when she found out, she sold the gang(who had been terrorizing the NCR), to the NCR and promptly left the area so she wouldn't be caught and killed.

What OOC items are you requesting? Scoped Service Rifle and a .45 Pistol as well as a small assortment of ammo for the Rifle and Pistol.

What IC-Only items are you requesting? Satchel, a standard NCR combat knife and a modified NCR vest(the plate vest NCR soldiers have in their armor, although this one is painted black and slightly extended. It's also composed of Kevlar and a ceramic composite(like combat armor's) except in poor condition. It protects her from calibers up to .357).

Roleplay experiences? I've been a roleplayer for five years, mainly Fallout RP at that. I Fallout Rp'ed in a community called Infusion Gaming for 3 years until it collapsed and have been roaming around since then.

Why should you have all this?[One paragraph required]
Even though it might not seem, both the weapons and the vest carry a insurmountable amount of emotional value towards the character, as the person that gave here these was her first and only love up until now. Along with that, the satchel and combat knife are merely quality of life and most wastelanders have something LIKE these, varying in degree of course, as life without them is harsh. On top of that, Juliet's a survivor, she's seen and been through many ordeals, both in her backstory and in her life and her mental condition actually counterplays very well against items she might get.

[Three paragraphs required]Backstory:
17 pages... I'm so sorry...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipi2818q9dpmh6g/Juliet.docx?dl=0

What are your perks/skills?
Juliet is an avid reader and not only was taught by the Followers but she also was trained by an Enclave Remnant, as such she has a lot of knowledge normal wastelanders wouldn't such as:
-Medicine
-Surgery
-Weapon Handling and Maintenance
-Knowledge on how to repair certain items as well as common ones.
-Minor Science knowledge
-Physics
-Literary works of old, such as Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe and even Greek and Roman books(Follower of Apocalypse supplied).
-She's quite the good shot, especially with rifles.
-She's a good manipulator and an even better actor.
-Hyperthymesia.
-She's fast and agile.

What are your faults/flaws?
-Hyperthymesia.
-She lacks stamina.
-She lacks strength(lacking strength is pretty big as it reduces her ability to use certain weapons and makes her unable to use some entirely).
-She's a nervous wreck. It's explained later in the post, but I'll post it here as a spoiler.
Spoiler:
-She really has a 'fucked up' sense of morals, causing her to be trouble.
-She can NOT take chems whatsoever(not even med-x, anything that's addictive is a no no) as she's easily addicted and consuming enough Psycho or Jet(which isn't a lot) will make her go in a coma or die.

(Optional)Character Description:
Juliet is a girl that appears to be around 20 or so, if not younger, but in reality is 24. She's 5'5 feet tall and has a generally malnourished, slim and weak physique while also being petite, having curves but not pronounced at all. Her skin is unusually pale and fair for a wastelander, although it does carry a faint tan around her face and is still dirty due to the dust, while still being pale of course. Her eyes are a cryptic pale that have a child-like innocence to them, complimenting what is now her medium sized, light blonde colored hair. Her face is fairly round and has young features, making her look what some could describe as 'cute', while still maintaining a small sense of maturity. She has a gasmask on her face with a single filter to protect from any noxious gases, this gasmask is essentially makeshit, it's a metal structure that wraps around her face, covering her lower jaw all the way up to her nos, it's also painted in a metallic black. Along with that, she has a black hoodie with a red t-shirt underneath, the aforementioned plate carrier which is also black and a pair of regular dark blue jeans which are dusty and tattered. Her shoes are a pair of army boots, colored in a black color as well. On her back is a standard service rifle held there by a 3-point sling and on her thigh is a holster with the .45 Pistol next to it. Across her body a satchel is slung.

RP is included in the backstory. It's not included in the... Most obvious of ways, but it IS there.

Notes: What are character traits? I assumed those were her perks and flaws... Like, that's what traits are.
Minor edits here and there as I remembered certain things, plus I placed some items in their correct sections.

Last edited by Painful History on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

'Juliet' - Character Transfer Empty Re: 'Juliet' - Character Transfer

Post by Scrat Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Alright so I will be honest and say I didn't read the backstory one bit (17 paragraphs?!) so my critique may be off and feel free to correct as needed.

Now, ALL NCR troopers in the area are remnants of the Foxtrot 5 Battalion, an expansionist unit meant to take territories far from the capital. I'm not sure if your character is an active serving NCR trooper, in which case the forum applications for them were closed a while ago and they are no longer being accepted. If she is a deserter, a 1 paragraph summary of why she's out here in Montana would be appreciated.

Scrat
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:30 pm

She's not a trooper. She was just a wastelander that helped the NCR and made more than friends with a Sergeant.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrat Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:33 pm

And for that, they gave her an entire NCR armor set, .45 pistol (which is not standard issue), and a service rifle. How did she get the ceramic plating that can protect against .357? Again, briefly.

Scrat
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Scrat wrote:And for that, they gave her an entire NCR armor set, .45 pistol (which is not standard issue), and a service rifle. How did she get the ceramic plating that can protect against .357? Again, briefly.  

The .45 was a actually a keepsake of said Sergeant, which she didn't carry around with her, of course. As I said, she was an Enclave member inside the NCR, as many are in Fallout Lore. On the Service Rifle: I actually do not exactly recall how I got it, although I do remember getting it and replacing my Cowboy Repeater with it on server. I do think that she was given it when the NCR was reclaiming a mine from dangerous mutated creatures and she decided to help. After that, as a reward, she was allowed to keep it as the Sergeant(who was the quartermaster) passed it off as "supplies that never came" since, as you must know as an NCR leader, happens often. The NCR is a corrupt organization to the core and things don't function all that well on the inside, despite how they play it out.

The ceramic plating was, once again, given by said Enclave Remnant who had a chestplate of her old combat armor. It's incredibly worn and in poor condition, so it can't stop higher caliber bullets as it should and it doesn't protect against .357, it will probably shatter with that bullet, or at least, the kinetic force will bruiser her. On top of that, she still has the plate/kevlar that the normal NCR carry has, which adds to the protection of course. This was all ICly given to her on the previous server, I'm not making this up because I feel like it.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrat Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:43 pm

I have no doubt that all the items were given via IC means as it is somewhat reasonable.

But I'm still on the fence about this one. Legit as you may have gotten those items, those are still powerful on a server with hardly any gear to go around. And as far as I've seen, you still have not told me how she got to Montana.

Scrat
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:54 pm

Well, you only told me to write why she was in Montana if she was a Deserter, which she isn't. As why she's here specifically? There's no reason for her to be in this specific area, she just stumbled upon it while traveling the wastes, moving as far from where she was before to make sure no one came after her after all the people she sold out to the NCR(which actually helped earning her the gear, including the backpack). She didn't want to enlist in the army because she finds that life boring, so she knew she couldn't have protection and so she wandered. She also wanted to forget all the mistakes she made. As for why Montana specifically? Montana is a fairly non-important area, so it shouldn't have been hit that hard by the bombs, it makes for a good safe heaven as people there are most likely scraping by and dealing with their own troubles.

If you want me to give you a reason as to why she moved here specifically, she doesn't have one, she doesn't need to have one, she came across it while wandering. Specific reasons aren't needed for a person to travel to a place... They can just stumble upon it and decide to stay there for a while.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrat Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Except there's the fact that Montana is surrounded by a legion blockade, which is why the NCR here cant get supplies, 'croots, or communication from the capital. Normally this wouldn't be much for the usual traveler, but Juliet is sporting NCR attire. She would have great issue just 'wandering here' when she'd be captured, killed, or worse by the Legion because of what she wears alone.

Scrat
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:01 pm

She's not sporting NCR attire. It doesn't look anything like it at all. If you read the app you know that the carrier is based on the NCR Plate Carrier soldiers used but it's extended, black and looks nothing like it anymore. Anyone can have a Combat Knife and a Service Rifle too.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrat Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Upon further reading, yes. Got me there.

I remain Neutral.

I remain neutral because the weapons and armor are quite significant in this server. Infusion had a radically different economy that allowed most people to have guns and a decent armor set, while here any guns or armor sets are a luxury.

Scrat
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gunrunner Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:00 pm

And my post was deleted by an accidental refresh goddamnit i ;kjabs;dkjb

Reading through the backstory. I'd originally made my notices as I went through, but I now have to go from memory:
Spoiler:
I really hope I didn't forget anything important.

Traits and skills:
-Medicine = Explained
-Surgery = Explained, but you said she was an 'amateur.' I'm assuming you mean she isn't that fantastical, so I don't know how far her surgical capabilities go.
-Weapon Handling and Maintenance = Unexplained, but it's something you'd get from experience. I'm guessing she's merely average?
-Knowledge on how to repair certain items as well as common ones = Unexplained, unless learned through reading.
-Minor Science knowledge = Explained if you mean biology, unexplained if you mean computers. However, once again, it may have been done through her reading?
-Physics = Learned through reading? Otherwise unexplained.
-Literary works of old, such as Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe and even Greek and Roman books(Follower of Apocalypse supplied.) = Explained, and even if it wasn't it wouldn't be a problem.
-She's quite the good shot, especially with rifles = Unexplained. If it's something learned through experience, then I honestly can't see much past an average.
-She's a good manipulator and an even better actor = Eeeeeeh noted in the ending chapter.
-Hyperthymesia.
-She's fast and agile = I'm guessing she got this with a mix of experience from her addiction days and natural traits?
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Waiting on some responses, but right now I think the marksmanship should be taken off. Also, there are some spelling mistakes but I'd feel bad if I asked you to shift through all that text. I'm willing to look through it and pm you what I can find if you want me to.

Gear and equipment:
Pistol = Explained: I have no problem here myself.
Scoped service rifle = Unexplained: If it was, then I'm not sure where to lean. On one hand, it's a basic rifle and a scope isn't spiking into absurdity (I could, in theory, do the same with half a binocular.) On the other hand, the NCR and protegers (?) are the only ones with this level of weaponry (low as it may be.)
Armour = Unexplained: The ceramic plating and maybe the kevlar is too much. Just the armour with the extension is fine in my books.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
If the armour was toned down and the service rifle was dropped, then I'm a happy man.

+ or - support is pending until I know what you'll do.
The Gunrunner
The Gunrunner
Vault Rebel
Vault Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:16 pm

I'm not dropping either of those as I have explained above. She was given those ICly, in a server, by a person and they hold quite the sentimental value to her. I know there are some spelling mistakes in the backstory as well, because I've been going through my older works recently and trying to improve on them. I did some work on it last night and got the last chapters, did a few minor improvements, improved sentence structure and corrected grammar mistakes. This is one of my oldest works, so it's natural that it's a bit more riddled with errors here and there.

Now onto explanations. The gear was already covered in my little 'argument' with Scrap above, furthermore the armor itself IS the ceramic plating and Kevlar. It's basically a modified plate carrier instead of having plate it has a worn out and battered ceramic plating.

The knowledge on how to repair items is fairly simple, this was one of the few basic things she learnt while working with the followers. The science skills are yes, mainly biology and geology, although it has a small bit of computer on the side which really isn't all that useful unless she wanted to hack into those 'very easy' computers that are barely encrypted.

Weapon Handling was something she was taught by said NCR Sergeant so she's above average, ALMOST on par with a NCR Trooper who had actual training already, but it's only with pistols, rifles and automatic weapons with low recoil, so shotguns are a no-no. Maintenance was part of the lessons, of course.

Physics were taught by the followers, but mainly learnt through reading as it's the area she's most interested on.

Again, she's a good shot because she dedicated a small portion of her life to this, I should've honestly specified that the weapon handling only applied to pistols, rifles and automatic weapons with low recoil, things she can handle with her lack of strength.

Yeah, her agility and speed are better than your average human and much better than other malnourished and weak people. This is mainly because of side-effects the overusage of drugs had on her. There are many more downsides though and it wasn't really worth for a small boost in ability and speed, plus it's a natural talent that makes up for her lack of strength(strength she also lost when consuming drugs).

On another note, for people that don't know what Hyperthymesia is and don't want to google. Hyperthymesia is a mental condition that makes the individual able to profoundly remember almost every moment of their lives, especially traumatic events, down to the finest detail. Normally, these traumatic memories would be locked away by your brain to ensure your mental safety, but people that suffer from this condition have them 'triggered' by familiar smells, tastes, words and scenarios. It's a big hindrance, while also helping due to how well she can remember things.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:57 am

I have no idea if that is good or bad.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:00 pm

I hope you know that the simple flaw of Hyperthymesia actually encompasses a lot, including PTSD, major headaches, irritability and a lot other personality and mental traits that come associated with the disease while the only perk of it is really the good memory. Also, let's clarify something: Burnt books are common in the wasteland, actual fully readable ones are much, much rarer. I changed the original statement in the perks and flaws because it was wrong and incomplete, she didn't get all those skills through reading alone.

"She's a good actor and manipulator." Is only silly if you don't know how to do it OOCly. If someone properly rp's how their characters acts based upon their feelings, I can easily make my character manipulate someone, unless they are somehow immune to being emotionally toyed with. I'd never go ' 'Hey. Im good at manipulating, so you need to believe me regardless!' ' Because not only is that power game, that's also failing at rp'ing and merely relying on an OOC skill you made up, the fact it's there as a perk and flaw of the character is simply so it explains her attitudes and actions and I feel like it qualifies as such because not everyone can do it, some people learn and some people have talent for it, but it's something out of the ordinary.

Perfect? Not even close...

As for the backstory:
I know there are a few grammar mistakes around, it's a 17 page long backstory, I read it 5 times already and am still finding errors here and there, smaller ones, mainly a few typos and wrong sentence structuring. I wrote this 2 years ago when I was starting to take writing more seriously and as such, there was a lot to improved on that I have improved on as of recent. As for the backstory... Why do you feel that way? Coincidences? I don't think so, at least none that were important, I'll give one to you though, just to make you happy. Sure the father part was a coincidence yes, but everything that derived from that actual came logically. Firstly, she lived in Freeside, a fairly small 'town' full of drug addicts, alcoholics and bums, sooner or later, she'd delve into drugs and everything that plays out from there follows a logical route, in my opinion. The edgy part? I don't see where you're coming from, yes I'm focusing on the fact that she's not a 'good' person, but that's because I want the reader to be able to somehow feel sorry for her in the early parts of the story, while finally realizing she wasn't that good all along. It's storytelling one-oh-one, you want to keep the reader's interest and motivate them to read the story at hand and the fact you went through those 17 pages without saying it was outright bad or boring, makes me think I did my job.

As for cringeworthy situations... Mhm... I can see one or two that might come across that way, but I don't feel as if they're anything major. I honestly do not think this backstory is all that edgy, sure she has her moments where she acts a bit more on edge than usual, but if you analyze the context they were in... From the point of view of the character, they were logical choices she made because she thought they would benefit her more. I will admit though, it has it's flaws, I'm a fairly fresh and amateur writer with only a few works done and I specialize in dramas and tragic stories.

Note: I'm classing edgy as the actual meaning of the word, meaning a person that's on edge, that shifts feelings quickly. If you're using the other 'definition', I'm sorry but I just can't take you seriously.

Just as a small note: No, I am not a native English speaker. In fact, I was born and currently reside in Portugal. I'm not saying that's an excuse, but I'm merely placing this out there just so people know.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Hahaha. That's actually hilarious. I'm going to take the bait one more time

'Juliet' - Character Transfer 1417494385044

Mhm, sure you can find pre-war books with stories and what not around the mojave 'unamed pre-war books' as I like to call them, but ones with actual tools to help you learn things? That's a no.

"I couldn't care less if you don't take me seriously, but I will indeed classify this character as the 'internet' definition of 'edgy'. Because that's all it is - It's a mess of a backstory, with over-the-top levels of angst that I personally can't 'take seriously' - Dealing with this character would be like babysitting an angry 13 year old whom had just entered a 'goth' phase."

I'm sorry, but what?... What? No, seriously, just what the hell are you on about? How could you possibly know that from events that happened in the past? Over the top? What would be regular then? Her sitting at home for 18 years living with her father peacefully in a town ran by a gang, by druggies, bums and other unpleasant people? In a town where there are constant attacks by thugs at night? Is that what you consider regular? Let me break it to you, Fallout isn't our modern world and Freeside certainly is not a peaceful town. If you want to, I'll apply for another character, but have fun getting an aneurysm off of that application, if you're so bothered by this one.

"I honestly don't believe you'll be roleplaying the side-affects you just mentioned,"

Keep telling yourself that to justify the idiocy and ignorance of your statements.

"There's also the little bit of why exactly she has an NCR background when the NCR would most likely not associate with her on a 'pleasant' basis. I understand that you /wrote/ the backstory the way you did, but a problem with that is that you, as the writer, are writing the story and shaping the factions/characters mentioned in a way that benefits only you. The NCR see one break of PTSD, one outburst of violence, or any other issue similar to that - they would break off and file this character under 'unstable - do not interact'."

But... The NCR part isn't part of her background? It happened on server, with real people, rp'ing NCR characters and people who rp'ed them really well at that, certainly better than you ever could, given the knowledge you exhibit. She wasn't even an official part of the military... She was just... Friends... FRIENDS with a Sergeant and the NCR's Medical Officer which actually was helping her with her condition and studying it... Because guess what... Like this Battalion on this server, that Battalion was also sent essentially to their deaths. They were a band of people who had been through court martial and were sent there as an expansion unit to take hold of Yucca Valley and mine it for ore.

Honestly, let me break this to you. You're a nuisance, you are, the way you go around the apps of people that apply for something better than your character has really exhibits nothing but distaste towards them and childish behavior from you. You're stubborn and will repeat the same thing a billion times over if you need to and then go back on your previous statements just to find one more thing you can pick on that would satiate your need to not see characters better than your own character on the server.

"I also love how impossible it is for some people around here to compromise and edit their characters to a more standard level - but nah, gotta have that special snowflake, eh?"

Do you know what's STANDARD for FALLOUT? Juliet is STANDARD for FALLOUT. FALLOUT is a universe riddled with chem addicts, insane people and generally people who aren't all that great. Actually, let me reiterate that... ANYTHING IS STANDARD FOR FALLOUT, FROM RANGERS TO POWERED ARMOR POWER RANGERS. STANDARD for FALLOUT is people ARMED WITH GUNS and with SURVIVAL EXPERIENCE, because they either learn to SURVIVE or they DIE. So, Juliet LEARNT to SURVIVE by HIDING her less desirable traits as much as she could. Do you know what's a special snowflake in FALLOUT? A special snowflake in FALLOUT is someone who is very sociable, who tries to be friends with everyone, someone who acts by our modern world standards. That's a special snowflake in FALLOUT. I hope I got my point across that this is FALLOUT.

But just in case I didn't, let me remind you in what universe this universe is set.
'Juliet' - Character Transfer Fallout-logo
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nasca Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Painful History wrote:-snip-

yes, i too remember the time i was rustled over an internet forum and proved how mature and deserving i was of my request by being hostile and having a fit

oh wait
Nasca
Nasca
Vault Rebel
Vault Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Why should I change my character when all that you're supplying me with in terms of criticism are melodramatic niches of your own?

Wanna know why those people get killed? Because they show it off to everyone around them.

Want to know why people are applying for those characters? Because it's Fallout.

Want to know why I gave all of that rant away towards you? Because you deserved it, you've been mad this whole time, at me, at dog, at everyone else you posted on, because you can't bear to see someone start off with more than you do for a reason other than "he should because he has a superior OOC status to me". You've been passive aggressive, you've been sarcastic and you certainly haven't been giving away nearly enough constructive criticism to make up for it. All you've been giving are personal niches of yours and hates that I couldn't honestly care less about. "I don't want you here cuz you has guns ;C;C;C;C" Please.

Sorry if I bothered you with my app, do you want to see a worse one?
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nasca Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:20 pm

if I wanted to see a worse one, I'd just look at dog's again
you people take this shit too personally lol

I don't even know what to say, I can't fathom any reasonable statement would be met with anything other than "YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS THAT I CAN HAVE STUFF YOU DONT HAVE!"
Nasca
Nasca
Vault Rebel
Vault Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Nasca wrote:if I wanted to see a worse one, I'd just look at dog's again
you people take this shit too personally lol

I don't even know what to say, I can't fathom any reasonable statement would be met with anything other than "YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS THAT I CAN HAVE STUFF YOU DONT HAVE!"

But that's exactly all that his argument's convey.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gunrunner Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:08 pm

So, I was going to wait for Snyder to respond to some of your post, but... there's things your saying that I want to get in on as well.

Long as phuck.
Spoiler:

And even more

Spoiler:
The Gunrunner
The Gunrunner
Vault Rebel
Vault Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Switch Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Painful History wrote:Why should I change my character when all that you're supplying me with in terms of criticism are melodramatic niches of your own?

Wanna know why those people get killed? Because they show it off to everyone around them.

Want to know why people are applying for those characters? Because it's Fallout.

Want to know why I gave all of that rant away towards you? Because you deserved it, you've been mad this whole time, at me, at dog, at everyone else you posted on, because you can't bear to see someone start off with more than you do for a reason other than "he should because he has a superior OOC status to me". You've been passive aggressive, you've been sarcastic and you certainly haven't been giving away nearly enough constructive criticism to make up for it. All you've been giving are personal niches of yours and hates that I couldn't honestly care less about. "I don't want you here cuz you has guns ;C;C;C;C" Please.

Sorry if I bothered you with my app, do you want to see a worse one?
Oh no! I didn't get my wench character on a fallout roleplay server >Sad I guess I have to blame everyone else for such ridicule responses, and stupid application!!!! How about instead of bitching like a moronic 12 year old, you perfect what you did wrong and take peoples criticism as advice, kiddo.

Switch
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:56 pm

Okay, so that rant might've been a bit too sarcastic for a few people here who can't understand the basic concept of fighting fire with fire(which I admittedly, shouldn't have done, but I couldn't really care less at that point.) I also have a clearer head now that I've taken my time to just calm down, take a breather and go back through everything I said and while I don't regret any of it, I admit some of it was stupid. I'm still laughing at how seriously you took sarcasm though.

Now for replies to Gunrunner fella.
Well, yes, she's constantly on edge in her backstory, still, the place she lives in does make people need to live like that. As for the Jet and the Pain. She kept taking it because it dulled her senses for a bit despite provoking pain after, chems helped calming her down despite the fact she'd feel pain after, eventually, she did try quitting when the pain became a bit more abrupt, but at that point it was too late, I should've specified and elaborated on it when I wrote it, I'm not saying the backstory doesn't have its flaws, it does and I might have to partially rewrite certain parts up to my current standards, but the basic outline of it is still there.

She was never a nice person, by the way, she was always 'bad'. She never really valued human life as she should and she's always been the type of girl that could kill someone to achieve a goal she wants really badly, again, I should've specified that and I didn't in her backstory, I only did it at the end, my bad.

Forcing her to see her parents die was a way to make Hyperthymesia a more relevant flaw, so it plays against the character rather in favor of her and no, they didn't do that, but they are cruel people. If you want to know what happened to them, they were all killed by NCR Soldiers when they were hired to kill a Sharecropper family.

It's part of her background, but I assumed he was mentioning the backstory as background, my bad. She did avoid making friends and people avoided her, in fact she was actually jailed for a day when she snapped at someone pushing a water gun against her back because she thought it was an actual weapon. Needless to say, she's been a lot more careful since then and less snappy, she's always been avoiding people more. She has always avoided crowds and the like, those two people I mentioned were her only two friends. The other 'friend' used her vulnerable state to recruit her into a gang and make her work for them.

Also, yes, the personal attack against him was uncalled for and I apologize for that. I stepped over the boundaries I shouldn't, but the way he was structuring his criticism was getting under my skin.

He didn't mention rape in Romeo or Juliet, he just thought that Romeo and Juliet was not a tragic story and something more 'edgy' as you so keenly describe would fit the tragic section a lot better and yes, that was actually meant to make you laugh, what came after didn't though.

Rape scene was awful? Probably, it was my first time attempting something like that and I'm not a fan of writing any type of rape scene or even rp'ing one. I thought it was at least acceptable, I guess I was wrong though, still, the man in question was a gambler and a chem user. He was highly unstable mentally and that day had been exceptionally hard on him. He had to take care of a child for 7 years, which he never really asked for and he thought he should take something back, probably could elaborate on it a bit more, once again.

Another thing to note, she's actually more nervous now more than ever, if anything, she's drifting towards being more antisocial then before and more cautious around people. I'll specify something here that I'm going to add to the app and should've done so(my bad). She might have the SKILL and KNOWLEDGE to handle a gun, but during tense circumstances... She can't do it. She's just too much of a nervous wreck to be able to hold it properly. If she's shooting an animal that isn't a Deathclaw or an Yao Guai. She's fine. A ghoul? Her aim might tremble a bit, but she can still aim fairly accurate. Another person that IS NOT OBVIOUSLY a Fiend or a Raider? Then oh boy is she going to struggle. As for Fiends and Raiders, it varies. She came to terms with killing, she doesn't beat herself over it anymore, but she still has trouble with holding that weapon when the time comes.

Ever shot a gun?
No, I haven't, I've held a rifle in my hand and those are quite heavy, my arms were trembling after holding it for a few minutes in a firing position.

As for the rest, she's better than the populace around her age that hasn't received any kind of training, hence better than average. The Sergeant taught her the basics and after that it's been touch and go. She doesn't know any tricks, she doesn't know how to compensate for wind, gravity, sights being screwed up and what not. She can't properly adjust sights on a weapon, merely get them close to acceptable range.

It's actually not been confirmed what NCR armor actually is, but it's assumed to be a steel plate with some sort of kevlar-like fabric around, or at least an elastic, resistant fabric that lowers kinetic force.

As for the weapon thing. Yes, it is for character development and no, I'm not dropping them. She was given them by someone she cared about deeply and it actually helps her calm down at times, she rarely even uses the service rifle because she can't shoot that well with it, despite it being made to be able to be shot by nearly anyone, but she still keeps it around for keepsake.

As for the guy that just posted? His posts came across to me that way, so I decided that I was done with it and would fight fire with fire, a stupid idea, yes, but something I did out of frustration, as many people do. I'm attached to my characters, plenty so, but I can certainly recognize flaws in them as none of them are perfect at all. Still, they're mine and they have plenty of RP behind them, I'm sorry if you think the character has an 'edgy' past, but there are people like this IRL and in Fallout. It doesn't mean that her personality is inherently edgy, she made choices, she shot people to get to a goal, to tie loose ends so she could start completely fresh. Does it eat away at her? No. Did it make her used to killing people? No.

Also, how much better are you then me when you reply in the same manner to me that I replied to him? See? We can both play the same game, don't call people 'kids' when they act out of frustration, you don't really know who's behind the keyboard and how his real-life might have influenced him to reply in a way he shouldn't, you know.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nasca Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:02 pm

The Gunrunner wrote:-snip-

love you babe
Nasca
Nasca
Vault Rebel
Vault Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Small little other thing. Coincidences are forced on every story you see, every book, because it's needed for the story to progress most of the times. Being in the right or wrong place at the right or wrong time propels the story forwards. "How nice it is that the main character studies this exact thing that the story needs to progress." You see, those types of things. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the backstory, but I've got a majority of people saying it's good, sorry it doesn't live up to your vision of story telling and doesn't really suit your niche tastes, but I still think it has quality despite the fact I'm able to improve it and expand it. Writing is a project and a project is never truly finished, in my honest opinion.

I don't mean this as sarcasm this time around, I took your criticism in and I can see the flaws, it's littered with them, things I could improve and expand, so thank you for that. Your notes have been taken into consideration and, while I might not improve upon this specific story because I feel like writing it has already taught me things I did not have before, I'll put it to use in the future, yet I'm not going to say that it's a bad story when the majority says it isn't, including a grown adult I know personally in real life and a friend of hers which is a small, published writer.

Also banter and sarcasm =/= being childish. And yes, I am stubborn, I'm stupidly stubborn, I'm aware of that.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by FlameCow Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:02 pm

-snip-

FlameCow
Wasteland Demi-God
Wasteland Demi-God

Back to top Go down