Kinetic Wave Gaming.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrap, the Sassy Ball of Metal (Transfer application!)

+2
Cloud
Pancakes
6 posters

Go down

Scrap, the Sassy Ball of Metal (Transfer application!) Empty Scrap, the Sassy Ball of Metal (Transfer application!)

Post by Pancakes Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:28 am

Username: Sir Commander Pancakes!

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22376436

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CommanderPancakes

Time on server: Beginning on THIS server; however I am a veteran on the past one.

Is this a character application, or transfer: Transfer.

If transfer, what previous roleplay has occured(Gist of it): Scrap has been introduced to new groups and people, forming a slight innate hatred of all forms of life that don't have a defined directive, and instead act off of instinct. Scrap has been heavily modified by several different engineers over a few years. Furthermore, it has had a breakdown on the morals of vigilante justice, threatening to snipe any that disobey it's conduct; though it was quickly hunted down and had sense talked into it. Scrap now operates on a more logical set of rules because of it.

What OOC items are you requesting? Some sort of plasma weapon/swep and missle weapon/swep.

What IC-Only items are you requesting? Tools to repair itself lightly, microfusion cells.

Roleplay experiences? 7 years worth, on other G-Mod servers, Starbound, forums, chatrooms, and so on.

Why should you have all this?[One paragraph required]

Time and time again Scrap have proven to be a beloved and fan-favorite character, through my skill in RP and the way I play it. On the old server I used everything I was given responsibly, and to my character. I understand the power that has been put in the characters hands, and use it to create and enhance RP, instead of bringing it to a screeching halt. Never have I disappointed in my quality of RP, nor have I gone out of my way to use such power to OOCly target people I've ever disliked, which I can safely proclaim I have never disliked anyone I've RPed with.

[Three paragraphs required]Backstory:

Scrap, once a regular eye-bot set to do routine scouting patterns for an Enclave platoon to secure their perimeter. All changed when the bot was disabled via EMP and captured by a crazy inventor engineer,, programmer, and hacker, deemed "The Nut" by many. The Nut was fond of freedom above all else, and had a strong belief that all, even artificial life, should possess it. For his next project, he would turn the eye-bot into a thinking being itself! Getting set-up, The Nut fired up his tools and turned on his RobCo computer. Snapping his fingers, he began coding his next big project.

Months of work poured into the eye-bot; writing it's initial code, upgrading it's innards to support the AI, hacking through the enclave encryption and deleting was was in there to put in the final code, and so forth. Welding the final touches on the bot, The Nut set his welder down and lifted his face shield. He commanded the bot to turn on; and so it did, slowly floating into the air. The bot scanned it's surroundings, taking in the area as it's "birthplace", then looking to The Nut. At first the bot was very child like in nature, innocent. It deemed The Nut responsible for it's creation, and instantly grew fond of him, in a form of robotic imprinting. The Nut deemed his creation 'Scrap', which the bot happily adopted the name.

Unfortunately, the reactivation of the bot had turned on it's tracking device. Within a few days the enclave platoon responded, heading off for the location in the dark of the night. The Nut, being the nocturnal person he was, jumped from his seat when heavy thuds came form the door of his workshop. He panicked; his first priority saving his creation. He activated Scrap; telling it to fly through the back and fly as fast and as far away from the workshop as possible. Not wanting to disappoint it's creator, even though it was confused and "sad", it barged through the back and flew off at high-speeds. While dashing off, the eye-bot picked up slight signs of energy based fire. Whether it's creator lived or not is unknown; but Scrap would be out of the Enclave's grasp. For the bot, it was left to find it's own directive where ever it wandered...

Over the years Scrap had met many people and factions forming opinions and learning facts about them, even becoming the hero of a town off in Utah by taking on the likes of super-mutants. It has been upgraded by different engineers in several locations, such as Meatloaf and Gamma. Deeming itself a vigilante of sorts, it's directive to seek justice based off of righteous morals.

What are your perks/skills?

-Runs off of electricity, never fatigued.
-Being a robot, it does not need food or water.
-Does not feel pain.
-Targeting systems, all of it's shots are calculated and precise.
-Advanced systems, an adapting AI, more efficient energy optimization, and upgraded propulsion systems.
-The technology based in it's front weapon allows it for both plasma and laser fire; and can be charged up for a more devastating shot.
-Reinforced; with inches of durable metals to withstand decent amounts of weapons fire.
-Skinny metal arms on it's front, to allow for light self-repairs and grasping/lifting object under ~10 lbs. without outside aid.
-Missile launcher on left side; two skinny boxes that sit vertically to each-other that houses a single missile in each.
-Insulated wiring; makes EMP devices lightly less effective.
-Open-able metal box on back to store caps and small-medium items.
-Radio worked into the bot for communication.
-Heavily advanced encryptions, hard to hack into.

What are your faults/flaws?

-Vulnerable to EMP devices.
-Must recharge every long while.
-Heavily stubborn due to set directives.
-Effectively useless once all thrusters are taken out.
-Thrusters are rather noisy.
-Due to the lack of pain, it can put itself in perilous situations without knowing.
-Front weapon can overheat.

Character traits:

Stubborn, strong sense of justice, eager to help, skeptical, overly-cautious, dedicated.

(Optional)Character Description:

Passive RP(15 Lines required):

**'Scrap' polishes it's exterior, giving itself a squeaky clean shine for all to behold.
**'Scrap' surveys the land as it floats along, looking out for any sign of trouble or valuables.
**'Scrap' idly floats in one place, visor humming lightly with small amounts of static.
**'Scrap' folds it's skinny metallic arms, waiting for it's friend to meet up with it.
**'Scrap' taps away at it's exterior, seeming to process a peculiar line of logic.
**'Scrap' toys around with it's antennae, enjoying the 'toing' noise they create.
**'Scrap' looks over the inhabitants of the town, seeing if all is going well and orderly.
**'Scrap' plops down onto the ground, giving a bored, static filled sigh.
**'Scrap' docks onto a charging station with a sense of contentment.
**'Scrap' floats over the terrain to check on a friend who lives far off from the town.
**'Scrap' bumps into a wall over and over again, ridden with boredom in it's processors.
**'Scrap' valiantly floats through the town, seeming to gleam and show off a bit.
**'Scrap' turns a wrench at it's other arm, seeming to loosen up a joint that was too tight.
**'Scrap' tosses a small stone up and down, planning to throw it at a target to demonstrate it's accuracy.
**'Scrap' uses it's radio to tune into a music station for all to enjoy.

Combat RP(15 Lines required):

**'Scrap' uses it's targeting matrices to fire a well placed laser at the thieves torso.
**'Scrap' sees the super-mutant advancing, deciding it would be best to fire a missile at it before it came any closer.
**'Scrap' charges up a laser shot, and then juts out of cover suddenly to deliver quite a blow to the heavily armored figure.
**'Scrap' rapid fires plasma shots to act as a suppressing fire, so that it's friendlies may advance.
**'Scrap' blasts full power into it's thrusters and rams straight into the man's head, likely delivering a huge concussion, if not fracturing his skull.
**'Scrap' thruster jumps over the fence; rotating and firing at the armed bandit with laser fire.
**'Scrap' throws a frag grenade it was given, to flush out enemies from their current location.
**'Scrap' amuses itself as the mole-rat meekly claws at the air to try and combat it; simply firing a plasma shot into it's skull.
**'Scrap' unloads both of it's missiles at once at the deathclaw, hoping to stop it in it's tracks before it could harm the town.
**'Scrap' drops down on the mutant's head from the cliff above, hoping to cave in it's skull and kill it outright.
**'Scrap' picks up a rock and throws it to repel the gecko, not wanting to fire due to it's energy being low.
**'Scrap' throws a punch at the street thug, trying to rile him up a bit and also distract him.
**'Scrap' unloads on the woman who recently murdered a man with a knife. A shame that she was a secret serial killer.
**'Scrap' stabs a spear into the fire ant's head and twists it, hoping to mangle it's small, tiny brain.
**'Scrap' charges a plasma shot to it's fullest, firing off the glob of plasma at a radroach. The blast severely overheated it's weapon, needing to cooldown now.

Notes:
Pancakes
Pancakes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Scrap, the Sassy Ball of Metal (Transfer application!) Empty Re: Scrap, the Sassy Ball of Metal (Transfer application!)

Post by Cloud Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:25 am

God damn, all of these apps are so difficult to judge given RP situation. I think with a setting like this, Scrap would just either be shot down, scrapped, and used for it's parts, or it would be absolutely over powered in the sense it could just crush anything it wanted. While I would absolutely LOVE to see this character again, I don't know how well he'd fit, so unfortunately, I'm going to have to give this app a -support in it's current state. Missles + Plasma in this kind of setting it just too much. However, I will most definitely change to a +support if a few things change, such as the plasma and missiles. But, until then:

-Support

Sorry Pancakes.
Cloud
Cloud
Wastelander
Wastelander

Back to top Go down

Scrap, the Sassy Ball of Metal (Transfer application!) Empty Re: Scrap, the Sassy Ball of Metal (Transfer application!)

Post by Pancakes Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:30 am

I know it was subject to change. I was putting it in there as that was simply the character; and it would be adjusted accordingly. However I'll see the final word from others. (Really I don't know why people decided it was a good idea to put a light missile launcher on him.)
Pancakes
Pancakes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Snyder Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:33 pm

I think i'd be much more comfortable if you went back to your roots, back when fox owned the server, when you just had a laser mounted onto yourself, nothing else?

Lotta encryption and other stuff that you were doing was neat, too.

Pending for now.
Captain Snyder
Captain Snyder
Overseer
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by herosloth Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:24 pm

He's asking for a companion. With rockets if I recall?

herosloth
Vault Security
Vault Security

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Snyder Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:38 pm

No, he's asking to RP the robot itself, I've seen him do it before and he's pretty good at it.

And I don't want him having rockets, or plasma... Sheesh that's overpowered.
Captain Snyder
Captain Snyder
Overseer
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by herosloth Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Everyone is trying to find a way to start with guns amirite

herosloth
Vault Security
Vault Security

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:45 pm

Yes, because it's the Fallout wasteland and Fallout is overflowing with weapons and OP shit that can be easily beaten by other OP shit that's easily accessible.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by herosloth Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Let's all spawn in with rocket launchers lmao

herosloth
Vault Security
Vault Security

Back to top Go down

Post by Painful History Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Implying rocket launchers are the only weapon in the wasteland. If you want to be passive aggressive at least be somewhat smart about it.
Painful History
Painful History
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by herosloth Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:20 pm

It was sarcasm, no need to be a buzzkill man. Anyways,
OT: I think we should strip the bot of it's weapons and make him earn them.

herosloth
Vault Security
Vault Security

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinder Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Captain Snyder wrote:No, he's asking to RP the robot itself, I've seen him do it before and he's pretty good at it.

And I don't want him having rockets, or plasma... Sheesh that's overpowered.

All standard Eyebots are built with atleast a laser pistol built into the underside of their chassis though.
Cinder
Cinder
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Snyder Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:04 pm

Denied.

No longer plays on the server and pretty much leads another (Though not legitimently lead, but people see him as if he does.)
Captain Snyder
Captain Snyder
Overseer
Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down