Kinetic Wave Gaming.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get actual coder/Other things

3 posters

Go down

Get actual coder/Other things Empty Get actual coder/Other things

Post by Infidel Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:31 pm

The community needs an actual coder for the server. Mediocre won't pass. Cap and Noah can only do so much. I don't know Cap's financial ability and flexibility, but the community needs an actual coder.

Also, the server should use Spire's script. It has a Fallout UI and a bunch of other things already in it. There is no reason not to use it.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Get actual coder/Other things Empty Re: Get actual coder/Other things

Post by Lord Ezrik Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:06 pm

One thing; I'm not sure Spire's script was available for public use or something. Lazarus is coming up, and they might have legal clauses protecting anyone else from using the script. Plus, it will only look like we're copying them. Secondly, I do agree with this post, however if it is impossible for us to find an actual coder, we should at least get a good number of coders to combine their abilities in some sort of way. Maybe teach some people to code? Maybe some of us learn to code?

Lord Ezrik
Vault Security
Vault Security

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Lord Ezrik wrote:One thing; I'm not sure Spire's script was available for public use or something. Lazarus is coming up, and they might have legal clauses protecting anyone else from using the script. Plus, it will only look like we're copying them. Secondly, I do agree with this post, however if it is impossible for us to find an actual coder, we should at least get a good number of coders to combine their abilities in some sort of way. Maybe teach some people to code? Maybe some of us learn to code?

That is an absolute waste of time. I know how to code but I wouldn't do it for money because I know I'm not good enough. The server needs an actual scripter, not just the owner who semi-knows lua.

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ezrik Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:06 pm

That's assuming someone in the community knows a coder who's willing to do it for free, or that we have the money to hire a coder. I'm rather sure both assumptions aren't reality.

Lord Ezrik
Vault Security
Vault Security

Back to top Go down

Post by MEATLOAF Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:36 am

I actually have the Spire's script, and I meandered through it sort of removing any trace of it's origin. The server owner and staff all know I have it, and they have never took legal action against me. They thought I was some joke or something, and just decided to troll me about it instead.

That being said: I have offered the script numerous times to Snyder with no strings attached, and he did not seem very interested in it. The offer stands, it's a fully operational script with a few features the server doesn't currently have, so if the KWG staff changes their minds, it's all theirs.

Those of you that worry about "copying" Spire. They don't care. They've got elitist mentalities, and don't really worry about "Small time" servers that actually focus on RP. They're too busy running their Fallout-themed serious darkRP to care about us lesser communities.

MEATLOAF
Town Guardian
Town Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum