Kinetic Wave Gaming.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maps maps maps

+3
mLister
The Gunrunner
Dog
7 posters

Go down

Maps maps maps Empty Re: Maps maps maps

Post by Dog Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:29 am

Gm_atomic
Dog
Dog
Wasteland Demi-God
Wasteland Demi-God

http://www._.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gunrunner Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:52 am

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419529502
A very interesting map, but it'll need redecorating. There's an underground area for vault... stuff. There's various scavenging locations (though one has a lot of broken boeing 7blah7s,) enough open space to create your own locations, there's a central town, and it's just a generally cool map.
However, yeah, the fact that it's not a post-apoc map hurts it. There are locations that look too clean and new, but there might be ways to fix that.
The Gunrunner
The Gunrunner
Vault Rebel
Vault Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by mLister Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:28 pm

rp_wuste is my pick for the map. It's well optimised, has no annoying soundscapes like in rp_oldworld and any of the ineu maps.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=112636042

Pros:
Multiple locations for people and factions
The desert has dunes and flat areas fit for making a base or home out of props
Optimised and low on the sounds part
Includes an administrators room that cannot be entered without certain console commands (Could be used by people or faction as well)
Number of locations fits with the small amount of factions and groups, so that everyone has a place
Stores have shelves that can be used to display the goods they have for sale (Works well with the current limited economy)

Cons:
Sized as cscdesert but feels smaller due to lack of landmarks
If every habitable building is used from the limited selection, people need to build something from scratch
People can arrive to events happening in a very short time if they are in the starting town.

mLister
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey B. Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:28 pm

Rp_wuste is pretty small and uninteresting, gm_chaparral lacks the aesthetic a fallout map needs. Gm_Atomic is a pretty solid suggestion, but what I would suggest is this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132908407 rp_salvation_2_stalker.
The only downsides is it requires css and ep2 which most people already own. Both gm_atomic and rp_salvation_2_stalker have been used in the past on kwg and both worked pretty well.
Honey B.
Honey B.
Vault Rebel
Vault Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Infidel Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:44 pm

gm_atomic

Infidel
Vault Outcast
Vault Outcast

Back to top Go down

Post by FlameCow Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:08 am

-snip-

Last edited by FlameCow on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

FlameCow
Wasteland Demi-God
Wasteland Demi-God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:56 am

Gefaehrlich wrote:
FlameCow wrote:Big maps are a no-no. Maps with one/two main areas are good. If you want to actually role play with people then we need a smaller map or one with minimal points of interest.

A problem with small maps, however, is that bases become far too close together to be logical. For example, Take Gm_FuckingTerrible_Atomic. It's town is in one corner, the Bunker base in the other. The walk itself from one area to the next is a 5 minute walk, and when you add even more factions such as supermutants and raiders their bases clutter the already limited mapspace. Making combat-interactions ridiculously frequent and venturing from the town eventually becomes impossible / rather lethal.

I agree, only partially. With big maps, you're stuck wandering around for far too long. You can get lost unless you map the entire map in your head or have an actual map. Like, today, I couldn't find the town in the current map for literally 10ish minutes, most of which was me charswapping to try and get a teleport nearby(for OOC reasons, obviously wouldn't do it IC.) This kinda leaves the server less RP-y and more walk-y unless you hang out in town. Like, the place I want to make my base is so desperately far away from the town that it would take a year for someone to walk from town to me for me to get actual RP. While small maps are kind of overwhelming with the amount of things shoved into them, it gives players more to do. I dunno. I'm kind of neutral on the argument though, because the big maps are far more realistic.
Cloud
Cloud
Wastelander
Wastelander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum